It didn't take as long as I thought it would to piece, but it did take quite a bit of time to prep. I will need to choose fabrics and prep the second block before I head to NY next week. I'm going to have to find some time to sew on the road if I am to have any hope of getting my homework finished.
I also finished one of my two Prairie Peony blocks. It really doesn't look much different from the basted version so I don't figure it's worth a picture. I do have to whine just a bit about the pattern, though. Don't get me wrong - I truly love it and love pretty much everything that Edyta designs. Therein lies the problem, however. Everything she designs seems to have those same leaves... I call them kidney beans. I think I've appliqued a hundred of them so far between My Garden Album and Applique Affair. There were five of them on this first block. They get old fast. Really, really fast. I haven't head the heart to look at block two to see if there are any on it or not. I'm not ready to do another one just yet.
I took a break from stitching to trace the pieces for my second Simply Bloom block on Steam a Seam. I didn't figure out until after I had cut them all out that I completely forgot to bring the wool with me so I won't be getting that block prepped this weekend. I always manage to forget something. At least I brought plenty of other things to keep me busy.
Tomorrow I am looking forward to starting my first Birds of a Feather block. I prepped part of it before leaving home yesterday. The colors are so fun - I can't wait to start stitching. Better get off the keyboard and let my hands get some rest!