I'm not sure if this first block will be the center of my project or one of the surrounding blocks - it all depends on what other blocks I end up doing. My "cheddar" looks far more yellow and not at all close to the original in this photo, but they are in reality a bit closer in color. I struggled to find a yellow or orange that was similar in color. The block is around 20" square.
I also managed to make a little progress on my Huguenot blocks. I am still a block behind, but hope to make some headway on that this week. Here are the last two blocks I finished:
They are really the same fabrics - poor photography is to blame for the differences. This week I will be participating in an applique workshop with Veronique Diligent of Australia. I am really looking forward to meeting her and learning her techniques. One more project to add to my list!