Thursday, January 2, 2020

Welcome, 2020!

It’s hard to believe that my break has come to an end already!  I somehow didn’t manage to cross off very many items on my vacation “To Do” list.  The sewing room is still not organized, the pictures still aren’t hung in my office, and, other than making some progress on my Frolic! Mystery quilt I have very little to show for my time off.

I was very happy Tuesday morning when I found myself completely caught up on Frolic! - or so I thought.



I opened up Facebook and saw the “surprise” clue that Bonnie posted that morning.  Really?!?  That feeling of satisfaction lasted less than ten minutes.  So I was back at it on New Year’s Day, making flying geese.  I only managed to complete about a fourth of the new clue so far.  I will have to play catch-up this weekend.



As it is a new year, it is time for my annual attempt to set project goals and hold myself accountable. While I have not as of yet succeeded in meeting those goals, I haven't given up trying (yet).  I will start by linking up with Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal.  While the obvious goal for January would be Frolic!, I figure I will be working on that anyway so I should choose something else that I want to move forward.  I finally received my first BOM shipment for Maggie Macguire's Garden and have finished my first flower:



I've made a start on a second, but I am slow at EPP.  I need to figure out how to pick up the pace a little.  My goal for January will be to finish at least a dozen flowers. 


The biggest challenge will be to avoid getting distracted by all the shiny new projects popping up everywhere.  I've seen at least three that have piqued my interest in the last two days....

4 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Know how it is to not meet goals....sometimes I am really disappointed in myself. Those new offerings are so tempting, andI am covered upon quilting UFOs. The EPPing project is lovely. Glad I didn’t see that one to be tempted...lol. Hope you meet your goals in 2020!

Susie H said...

The Maggie Maguire quilt is going to be so pretty. You know I'm a huge fan of hexies! I chuckled when I read how all the "clean-up" projects on the to-do list didn't get done but the BH clue did. Aren't you glad now you didn't get work on straightening out your sewing room now since you got a Bonus clue? Lol! Keep on sewing!

Patty said...

Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 lbs less than us.

(And realistically, it is not related to genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING around "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", not "what"...

CLICK on this link to see if this easy questionnaire can help you release your true weight loss possibility