Monday, December 14, 2020

Grassy Creek Week #1

I got off to a strong start on this year's mystery thanks to an easy first clue.  I had it finished before Thanksgiving weekend was over, even with working on a few other projects.


I was late to the party on this one - I think Pat Sloan ran a quilt along with this pattern in October - but I absolutely love it!  I actually fired up the new AccuQuilt cutter I purchased over the summer and cut all my 2.5" strips and squares. So far I have four blocks completed.  They are large - like 18.5" - so I think nine will make a nice throw to use as a Christmas decoration (maybe next Christmas?).  


I was also inspired by a new quilting friend I met through TAS to start on the Huguenot Friendship quilt.  We are up to our fourth block.  Here are my first two:




I haven't done quite as well with the second and third clues on the mystery - Christmas projects to finish and other "to dos" have limited my time at the sewing machine.  I'm a bit unsure how I feel about some of the color combinations thus far, but I will have faith that it all will actually work together in the end. 

I'm looking forward to my time off at the end of the year to catch up on the mystery and to hopefully finish organizing my sewing space - can't believe it's been almost two years since I moved to the basement and it still isn't finished! 

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Your Friendship Blocks are beautiful. I love the dark blue & green combo! Sweet tree. Ought to make a sweet throw. Even one would be a nice pillow!

Jennie in GA said...

Just love those Friendship blocks. Cute Christmas trees as well!