Wednesday, January 6, 2021

PHD in 2021

My friend Sue inspired me to participate in Quilting Gail's PHD in 2021 in an effort to move at least a few of my hundreds of UFOs across the finish line.   


Luckily the rules for this challenge are pretty flexible as I am struggling to decide which 12 projects to choose and I may change my mind as the year progresses. I seriously have some form of quilter's ADD!  Anyway, here's my first pass, in no particular order:

      1. Grassy Creek Mystery
      2. Frolic! 
      3. Christmas Trees  
      4. Vintage Rose
      5. Village
      6. Huguenot Friendship Quilt
      7. Clamshells
      8. Starlite Skies (PG 2017 BOW)
      9. Take it Easy
      10. Triangle Gatherings
      11. Dresden Star
      12. Square Deal
A few of these only require quilting and binding so it should be reasonable to at least get those finished. Others will require considerably more effort...

The toughest part of the challenge for me is committing to finish new starts. I have already started two new projects just since the first of the year. In addition to joining in on Sentimental Stitches' Little Blocks 365 project, I decided my dinosaur-loving grandson needs a quilt for his second birthday. I received the pattern on Saturday and finished stitching two blocks over the weekend. His birthday is Jan 27th so even though I am only making a smaller version, finishing will definitely be a challenge.


I have two T-Rex blocks cut and ready to sew.  These little guys are so stinking cute! 

3 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Will be interested to see how you progress using this plan. I tried last year and only finished 4 UFOs. Then I got interested in cross stitch again and my quilting fell to the wayside. Need to balance it out this year. The dinosaurs are adorable.

Susie H said...

Go, Dana, go!!! You've got a great list. I only finished 5 of my PHDs last year and I'm back to try to get a few more done. I LOVE those dinosaurs. Don't forget to put them on your Starts List! I've got two already on mine! YIKES!

Kirsten said...

The dinosaurs are precious! I finished no quilts last year, so I'm hoping to finish several this year and get on track.