Sunday, October 20, 2013

Projects New & Old

PIt's been so long since I have posted that I actually have progress to report!  I finished assembling this top last weekend.  Leaving it out on my sewing table definitely paid off!  This is the first quilt I have made with an appliquéd border (or at least the first one where I have actually made it to the border!).  I had to lay out 430 inches of vine without anything to go by other than the picture on th pattern cover.  It was tough!  It took much longer than I expected.  I still have a long way to go - hundreds of leaves and berries - but I was happy to get this far.

A close-up of the appliqué:

Speaking of projects I am finally making progress on, the giant rug is finally hooked!  I finished booking it and steamed it last night. The binding is going to take some time - this thing is 40"x54" - but it is great to have it off the frame!


Last but not least, I've been trying to choose fabrics for a quilt reproduction project I am doing with a group of folks led by Rita Verroca.  

I found a couple of the fabrics in a bundle of fat eighths so I had to go on an internet hunt to find more.  I have only found one batik that works so far.  I would like to have three or four in my star.  I've ordered a couple on the internet - I'm hoping they will work.  Too bad we don't have shops like Homestead Hearth or Quilted Moose in our area!