I finally finished my monster log cabin quilt right before Christmas. I thought I finished it the week before but then laid it out for a picture and discovered a block turned the wrong way. I had to remove the binding, pick out the quilting, rip the seams, turn the block and appliqué it back in place, re-quilt the spot, and reattach the binding. Luckily it was on an edge or I’m not sure I could have done it. I had to repair the quilting on my regular machine which was no easy task given the weight and size of that beast. So the quilting is a little wonky but it’s unlikely anyone could find it without knowing it is there.
I’ve acquired a couple more antique quilts in recent months and am looking forward to receiving my belated Christmas gift of a display ladder from my daughter. It’s supposed to arrive in a couple of weeks and I am really excited about displaying more of my quilts out where I can see them often. It seems a shame to have them all hidden away in the basement.
I had fun sharing a few of them at our last TAS meeting.
I will be back in the sewing room tomorrow, hopefully getting caught up on mystery clues and thinking about what new projects I am going to start in the new year - there are so many that are calling my name!