Friday, March 13, 2009

Making Progress

I actually managed to be somewhat productive tonight! I'm still slightly irritated with myself for starting yet another rug this week and for signing up for the wool applique class tomorrow. Not to mention the fact that I am thinking about signing up for yet another rug class this summer. This will be a record year for me - more rugs started than ever before! I actually may be on pace to start more quilts than ever, too. I'm completely out of control!

I finished the last of the center blocks for my Faceted Jewels quilt tonight. Much to my dismay, I wasn't able to check off another step on the pattern. There are about 30 more partial blocks that have to be made beofre step 7 is complete. I hope to get back to it tomorrow night...after the applique class, of course!

I'm thinking that I may design a 9 block (or possibly 4 block) Baltimore album-style rug for the class with Anita White. I think she'd be great with something like that and I think I would enjoy it more than working on that Emma Lou pattern I found in my stash.

I hope to do a little more organizing tomorrow. I want to start moving things to the basement but there's still a lot of cleaning, moving and planning necessary before I can completely move in. I haven't decided what all will go down there - I need to spend a little more time planning, but that cuts into the quilting & hooking time! Of course, there are a few other things on the "to do" list, too. Hmmm....how much longer do I have to get those taxes finished?

No comments: