Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday again...Bummer!

The retreat was wonderful, and I was about as productive as a person doing handwork can be. I lost the photo of my blocks that I took Saturday night, so I'll have to remember to take another this evening. I managed to finish 20 blocks on Saturday and another 10 or so yesterday. I need 224 total, so I still have quite a way to go! I'm enjoying working with the 30s fabrics - it's such a huge change of pace for me.

I decided to start on my Turning Leaves quilt, too. Why not? What's one more UFO? I originally thought that I would do it by hand, but after thinking about it this weekend, I think I will try machine applique. I have some beautiful King Tut threads that will look great with my bright fabrics. I have so many hand applique projects in progress and plan to start so many more that it seems crazy to add that one to the list.

I began to prep Summer's End block three when I got home last night. Hopefully I can get some of the wool cut out and get it started after the baby shower tonight.

No comments: