Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stuck in Raleigh

I am supposed to be on a plane right now headed back to St. Louis, but it appears that the weather (or something) isn't cooperating and my plane has been delayed for hours.  I am still hopeful that I will be able to get out of here tonight. 

I've been in the Raleigh area since Sunday evening.  I managed to get several of my BOW blocks done while down here - I will post pictures later.  I also managed to make it to a few shops.  There were a couple of shops in Cary, one of which was mostly dedicated to machine sales and didn't have much fabric at all.  I didn't bother to go into that one.  The other, Elegant Stitches, ended up being right across the street from my hotel.  I didn't get any pictures, but it was a nice little shop with lots of really fun, bright fabrics.  I have fallen in love with Kim McClean's patterns and love the fabrics she uses - Kaffe Fasset's and other brights.  I can't wait for her "Stars and Sprigs" pattern to be released - I think it's due out in September.  I picked up several 1/8 yd pieces of bright, happy fabrics to save for that project.

The other shop I found just happened to be one of this year's "Quilt Sampler" featured shops.  Plain & Simple Quilt Shop is located in Apex, NC, and is absolutely wonderful!  The shop is located in an old house and each room has a theme.  The "cottage" room was full of Bunny Hill and Blackbird Designs-type patterns and fabrics:

Isn't it cute?  There were three other rooms and more displayed in the hallway.  One room was Civil War repros, another primitive, and the fourth was sale fabrics.  The hallway contained a couple of Moda lines and a really adorable new BOM the shop is offering:

Of course there were plenty of copies of "Quilt Sampler" available, too!  They had quite a few Primitive Gatherings patterns and a small selection of wool.  There were tons of Jo Morton fabrics.  I could have gone completely nuts in that place if I wasn't limited to what I could cram in my suitcase.  I picked up a cute pattern by a local designers and a really nice striped fabric that I think would make an awesome backgound for it.  I also grabbed a few neutral fat quarters - a quilter can never have too many! 

No comments: