Monday, August 15, 2011

State Fair

I actually got my act together in time to ship rugs to the Illinois State Fair this year! It is really a shame that more people don't participate. There weren't many hooked items this year. My rugs took 2nd and 3rd. First place went to a very nice fine-shaded rooster. We went up to the fair on Friday. It's been at least two years since we've attended.  We had a great time! 

It was difficult to get a good picture through the glass...

























Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they both make it home safely!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's so fantastic! Congratulations!

Taryn said...

Congratulations on your ribbons! I live in Maryland and would love to enter something in the fair. I never think of it until too late. It makes it extra fun to go when you are anticipating seeing your own work on display.