Monday, November 28, 2011

Last Day

I managed to spend a little bit of my last day of the holiday break in the sewing room. I almost finished another NYB block but when I went to square it up I managed to cut one side 1/4" short so I will have to replace the background piece. I really wanted to fix it right away but the family was starting to make noise about needing dinner so I had to leave it for another time/

I did finish my second Stars and Sprigs block, however:





















I love the colors in these blocks, although I can't say that all of the Kaffe fabrics are the best for applique.  They aren't bad, but some are more loosely woven than I prefer to work with. I realized when I was prepping this block that I need two of each, so I saved the freezer paper from this one and will make it again in different colors next.

Not that I need more to do, but I read about a new free online learning opportunity for next year that I couldn't resist signing up for.  It's called "Take a Stitch Tuesday" or TAST.  I've had Sharon B's online stitch directory saved to my favorites for a very long time - she is an embroidery master.  I need to work on my embroidery skills and am looking forward to playing along.  The link to sign up is http://www.pintangle.com/journal/2011/11/26/the-big-list-of-2012-tast-challengers.html.  There are loads of people participating.  I can't wait to get started!

No comments: