Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Retreat

As usual I am behind on posting, and for some reason this morning find that the photos I am pretty sure I took aren't on the camera....very odd.  I will have to try again later this week.

Our guild held a "Sleep in Your Own Bed" retreat the weekend before last.  It's amazing how much you can accomplish with uninterrupted sewing time!  I was so focused on my project that I forgot to take pictures most of the time. I did get a picture of our TAS quilt - it really turned out great!  I can't wait to see it quilted.















I also remembered to grab the camera when Dorothy O. shared her beautiful Wildflowers quilt. I purchased the pattern at the same time she did but haven't even opened it...and she's nearly finished with the quilt!  It is absolutely stunning.














I didn't even think to pull out the camera when I finished my quilt top.  All I have is this somewhat blurry photo that I took with my phone.  I started this quilt at Kinderhook in August and completed five of the blocks there.  I managed to finish the rest at the guild retreat.  The pattern, "Carnival", is from Gudrun Erla's latest book. The blocks are 24" square.  The quilt is huge!














All that's left is to press the top and find a quilter.  It's actually looking like I will have a quilt for the show!

No comments: