The workshop was fantastic! It was hosted by the Illini Country Stitchers, an incredibly friendly and welcoming group. I absolutely loved Bonnie and had such a great time with the group. I did a lousy job of getting pictures....I was too distracted by sewing (although I can't say that I accomplished a whole lot). Bonnie showed us a different way of strip piecing nine patches.
She also showed us how she creates "bonus" half-square triangles by sewing an extra seam before trimming off excess fabric.
The bonus squares for this project end up 2" (1.5" finished). I'm not convinced that I want to deal with around 300 of those..sounds like a lot of extra work!
I haven't taken any pics of my blocks yet as I didn't really get enough accomplished to warrant a photo. I am using fabric from my stash - a great roll of mixed reproduction fabrics and batiks that I picked up at The Back Door a few years ago paired with a bunch of neutrals from the stash I was collecting for the all neutral quilt on my "one of these days" list. I decided to go with scrappy neutrals and a mix of different greens for the star points. I'm beginning to rethink that decision after seeing these blocks from one of my classmates (picture borrowed from Bonnie's blog).
I really love the way these look! I may have to change my plan...or make two!