I decided to make one more move and switched the light block on the left end of row five with the second block in row six and decided I was happy with it. I carefully picked up block by block and sewed the rows and then laid them out on a bed to keep them straight. I'm not sure how I managed it, but I ended up with this:
Granted, this picture is upside down (best angle I could get), but I completely screwed up my planned layout. I somehow managed to flip a couple of blocks and/or rows. I ended up with too many light ones along one side, but it's not bad enough to warrant ripping them out. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. Two borders and it's off to the quilter.
Being scrappy can be really challenging some days!