I missed the sign up for the FNSI this month - by the time it was posted I was too busy to remember to look for it. And as it turns out I was completely exhausted Friday and didn't do a bit of sewing that night anyway! I did manage to get some time in the sewing room the rest of the weekend, however, and entertained myself by working on something "new". Not really a new project, but I had not made any of the stars from my second start on my Stars and Sprigs project. I made nearly all of the stars in Kaffe fabrics before deciding it just wasn't my thing. My Kaffe collection and my star blocks went in the guild's garage sale and are now part of someone else's stash.
I suppose it is the effect of cropping photos on my phone, but find it very perplexing that photos posted in their "original size" can be all over the place in size! Below is the beginning of my next album block. This one is a little less intricate than the first one but will be tedious nonetheless. We set a target to finish this one by the end of June. Seems like plenty of time, but there are a LOT of little loops to applique!
And then there is the most disproportionate picture of all - the tumblers! I managed to finish another row while working on my stars and added it to the other three. I was able to add another row after dinner last night so I am up to five rows now. I still have about 50 rows to go and will not even come close to finishing before Bonnie announces the next one, but I am really loving it. It is amazing how often I manage to get identical patches adjacent to each other when choosing positions and fabrics randomly but figure it really won't be all that noticeable when I have all 2000+ of them sewn together.
I'm hoping to get a few orange peels done this week. No way I am making my target this month so my goal is to at least get out of the single digits. I can't believe May is almost over!