This year is definitely flying by! I was watching The Chew during lunch yesterday and they were preparing Thanksgiving recipes. I'm not ready for the holidays yet! But I am ready for this year's Quiltville mystery to start - I started thinking about colors even before Bonnie posted the fabric requirements this week. I found the fabric on the left - the batik print - while I was down in Springfield, MO this past weekend taking a class on the new Statler software. I decided I would use it as my inspiration piece, and now that we have the final size of the quilt (75" x 90") it may end up being a border. I pulled a few fabrics from my stash last night to play with color options. I was thinking dark teal, light teal and coral:
The coral looks really orange in this picture - I don't think I like it. I may need to go with a shade of pink/magenta or possibly gold? I will try those combos tonight.
This week's big news is that I finally finished my Disappearing Nine Patch! I started this quilt in 2007 as a block exchange with my bee friends. It was the first quilt listed on my quilt projects tab when I started blogging back around 2008. I am very excited to be able to mark it complete!
I also was able to get last year's mystery, En Provence, quilted this week. After my most recent class I was feeling pretty confident about using my machine and decided I would try another feather pattern (I tried one on the very first "real" quilt I quilted and it was a disaster!). I am very happy with how it turned out. I still need to prepare the binding and get it sewn on. I would like to finish this one before the next one starts if at all possible.
I'm heading off to Shipshewana for a retreat and classes with Di Ford next week. I am really looking forward to learning from Di and am hoping to actually make a little progress on my Starlite Skies BOW outside of class time. This will be my last "fun" trip for the year. It's time to start planning for 2018!