In stark contrast to my last post where I claimed victory on my January OMG project, I have to report a complete fail for pretty much everything else. I really tried to work on my Patchwork Times UFO, my tumbers....but they are SO boring! It takes me way too long to choose the pieces in an effort to avoid repetition, and then every single time I add a row I find that I have somehow randomly managed to line up the same fabrics in multiple spots. I did manage to assemble a couple of rows and add one row to the section I am currently working on but it is still far from finished.
I didn't even touch my APQ UFO. Okay, that's not quite true - I picked up the baggie with all of the pieces for one of the last two blocks and decided it didn't look at all fun to work on so it went back into the UFO pile.
And while I had lots of ideas and good intentions to start one of my new projects for my 6 & 6 in 2018, I somehow never managed to get any of them going. I am going to bend the rules a little and start one this weekend...just a little late.
I'm pretty sure the reason behind my lack of success in January is the state of my sewing room. It currently looks like On Ringo Lake exploded in there. Every horizontal surface (and one vertical one) is covered in pieces and parts of that quilt.
I have assembled one corner and quite a few of the blocks, including another 10 or so that aren't on the design wall yet, but I have a long way to go on it! Luckily it is this month's Patchwork Times UFO and I am selecting it as my OMG project for the month as I really need to reclaim my sewing room.
My other distraction in January was my clamshell project. I would love to have it finished before Irene comes back this fall - a real stretch, I know. I have been prepping the clams with starch and sewing them into sections of ten rows of six. I recently went back to prepping them by basting like Irene taught in her class. It's not quite as fast for me but it is certainly more portable!
This is my third panel of 60 clams. It isn't completely assembled yet and I can see one that needs to be moved now that I look at the picture...
I laid out the three panels side by side and decided that I need three more clams across to get the size I need, so I will have to make one panel of 3x10 and then will do the rest 7x10. I am not sure how many rows of panels I will need - I will do that math later to keep myself from getting too discouraged!