Thursday, August 30, 2018

August OMG Progress

In spite of a half-crazy work month I did manage to make decent progress on my August OMG project, Hazel’s Diary, even though I didn’t get my post added in time to link up.  I finished center block, added “block two” (pieced borders) and got a good start on the appliqué.  I will be taking this project with me to Baltimore on the Prairie next week, hoping to finish the rest of the block two appliqué and perhaps get a start on block three.



I was able to spend a little time at the machine and finished week two of the pieced summer BOW.  Some of the gray star fabrics don’t have the best contrast but I figure that won’t be too noticeable when all 240 of them together.  So 40 down, 200 remaining.  Sigh!



I am still keeping up with my log cabin blocks.  I’m not sure what month this is but my stack is growing.  I can’t wait to put this quilt together.  I’ve always wanted to do a log cabin - I have no idea why it’s taken me this long to start one!



I’m off to Nebraska next week for four uninterrupted days of stitching.  I spent a good part of the Labor Day weekend prepping projects to take with me and already have enough to last several weeks.  I know I won’t run out of things to do!  

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Really loving your Hazel project. Gorgeous colors and nothing boring with so many different types of quilting. Hope you're having a great time at BOTP!

Heather said...

Hazel's Diary is beautiful!!!! Love the yellow! And, those bitty stars are too adorable, don't let that one go by the wayside!