Thursday, January 31, 2019

January Progress Report

This post might be better titled “Lack of Progress Report”...  I’ve spent nearly all of my spare time at home working on my sewing room move.  I’m amazed at how efficiently I had stuff packed into my old room - there seems to be no end to it!  I don’t function well when things aren’t organized so it’s been tough to get any sewing done at all.  I did manage to get a few more of my Good Fortune blocks pieced:



And I couldn't resist getting a start on the first block in the Crazy Seasons Mystery.  I am using Japanese fabrics and am planning to keep the applique somewhat muted. I may have gone a little too muted with the little bunny in the center.



I also spent some time starting a new rug for the new year. Yet another floral with a number in the name (Fraktur Floral 2). I am using taupes for my background - you can see some of it around the center flower - and have had to make a few adjustments along the way to make sure my design shows up. I'm not really a pink person but I am loving these colors!



I did achieve my goal of getting the alphabet hooked on my Schoolhouse Sampler before starting the new rug. My next step on this one will be to get the background in around the tree on the right and figure out what if any adjustments are needed to make it show up against the background.



So overall the month wasn't a complete fail.  I am looking forward to a weekend at home to continue organizing the sewing room. I don't have any hope of finishing (will that day ever come???) but am really hoping I can get to a point where the chaos isn't so distracting!

1 comment:

moosecraft said...

I'm always admiring the colors you choose for your projects! That Fraktur Flower is going to be amazing!