Thursday, February 6, 2020

February OMG

I've had a tough time deciding what to focus on for February since there are so many things that I want to work on! I do want to finish hooking my Fraktur Floral rug this month and get it ready to bind, but was thinking that my OMG choice should be something that is a little farther from the finish line. So in the end I decided that I need to get busy on my Frolic! project to clear away all the piles of loose pieces that have accumulated on my treadle table (sadly because every other surface in my sewing room is covered with other things...).  My goal for the month is to get the top assembled. 


I need to figure out what to do with the borders to make it a little bit larger.  I haven't done the math but it looks like increasing the number of blocks would make it too big. The pattern finishes at 82" square but I prefer to finish somewhere in the 90" to 96" range. I like what @mindyquilts did with her HST borders, making them into flying geese:


I've seen several finished tops with a plain outer border added which would be the easiest way to go. And then there's this one from @justlikegreatauntjulie.  It turned out great but I am definitely not this ambitious!


Perhaps the geese arrangement with a plain outer border (4") would do the trick for me?

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal for February.  My other goal for this month will be to post progress before the finish party ends...

4 comments:

Susie H said...

That Frolic looked like quite the undertaking this year to me. Good luck! I too like the flying geese border.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I like the flying geese idea. Good luck with your goal!

Patty said...

Great quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your projects.

Unknown said...

Did you know there is a 12 word sentence you can say to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive attraction to you deep within his chest?

That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, cherish and care for you with his entire heart...

====> 12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to work better than before to build your relationship stronger.

In fact, fueling this mighty impulse is so mandatory to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You will instantly find him expose his soul and heart for you in a way he haven't experienced before and he'll recognize you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.