Sunday, March 22, 2020

Changing Plans

It’s hard to believe that just two weeks ago I was returning home from the Appliqué Academy and a gorgeous view of the James River.   We had a great time there, found a couple of fantastic new places to eat, and fell in love with yet another project that I am excited about starting as soon as the pattern arrives. I made a bit of progress on my Rising Sun, too, in spite of the fact that I wasn’t really all that motivated to work on it when I prepared for the trip.


I had planned to really focus on my Basket Case baskets this month for my OMG project but have instead continued to work on Rising Sun since getting back.  I’m nearly half way finished with my center star - I will have to start assembling it once I get the fourth point finished.  I am loving the colors!

Unlike many I see posting on Facebook, sheltering in place does not mean lots of extra time for me. I work at home anyway, and since I am involved in monitoring the status of our operations around the world it has meant working very, very long days.  This weekend was the first time I’be had off since getting back from Williamsburg. I set up my steamer and finally finished my Schoolhouse Sampler and got it up on the wall.


I also steamed my Fraktur Floral so I could get started on binding.


I was tempted by so many of the new projects and sew-alongs that I saw online over the weekend.  I’m waiting for fabric to start on Edyta Sitar’s mystery quilt.  I was really looking forward to taking a class with her next month but of course that won’t happen now.  I also fell for the sew-along posted by Primitive Gatherings CA - the Village pattern from Miss Rosie’s Quilt Company.  I’ve always liked the pattern so I decided to join in the fun.  Here is the start of my Village:


With no travel plans in my immediate future - a rug hooking trip to KC cancelled this week, Quilt history and Paducah cancelled in April, and Quilting With Confidence postponed for May - I am thinking I might need to take a vacation day or two to spend in the sewing room just to maintain my sanity.  With all the time at home I might even finally get my sewing room in order...

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Your rugs are beautiful as always. Sure is tempting me to start hooking myself but I'll try to control myself. I surely don't need another craft/hobby!??!

Heather said...

Fraktur Floral is beautiful! Sad to hear all your canceled plans. You absolutely need some time off.