Wednesday, June 3, 2020

May Update

In spite of having more weekends at home as a result of most events being cancelled, I just don’t seem to be getting much sewing or rug hiking accomplished. It’s partly due to the very nice weather we’ve been having - I think it was the longest spring ever - but also because I have been trying to force myself to spend time finishing up the move to my new sewing space. Sadly the move has been in progress for 17 months now....but I finally received my new dresser that will provide additional drawer space so I have no more excuses. My goal is to have it completely organized by the end of June.  I will share pictures when I succeed.

I did manage to get a few things accomplished in May.  I added a few more houses to my Village...


And I was thrilled to be able to join a very small get together at Janice’s and get started on my Old Maine House rug. I saw the original when visiting the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Museum in Williamsburg in early 2019.  Unfortunately the rugs were displayed under glass so the photo isn’t great.


Janice drew up the pattern and we had planned to get a big group together to get started on it at the end of March, but unfortunately that had to be cancelled due to the pandemic. A few of us were able to meet in May to get it started.


I’m a little farther along than this now, and hope to get the rest of the sky and both trees completed before I head back to Janice’s to start another new rug later this month.

I finally managed to assemble the center of Frolic! and I have the borders pieced and ready to attach. I may try to tackle that this weekend.


And last, but not least, I started on a relatively new BOM from Homestead Hearth called Subtle Shades. It’s a nice mindless project - a welcome break from Frolic!


I am looking forward to participating in the Retreat From Home - Sew in your Jammies 2020 event this weekend. I am hoping I will have plenty of progress to show at the end of the 2.5 days!

2 comments:

moosecraft said...

Those houses are sweet and LOVE that Maine House rug! You're making great progress on all of your projects! This covid quarantine stuff is really wearing folks out....we all need gatherings... it's so inspiring to be among and interact (face to face) with like minded people... Frolic is looking sparkly too! :-)

Susie H said...

Subtle Shades is really gorgeous. We certainly need to have mindless projects to go along with the more focused ones. Your Frolic is one of the prettiest versions I've seen yet. Good job persevering with that one!