Friday, April 18, 2008

Almost time for Paducah!

I have to get better at posting - it's been a long time! I've temporarily suspended work on the "pink" rug to focus on the new rug I started at camp this year. The new rug, one I adapted from a Lori Smith quilt pattern, is coming along nicely. I hope to finish it in time to enter in Celebrations this year, or perhaps Sauder Village. I'm making a lot of progress but it is a fairly big rug - about 30" x 46" or so.

I managed to make it to Spring Quilt Festival in Chicago last weekend. It was wonderful! I only had a day to take it all in, but I managed to acquire numerous projects (including three complete kits) to add to my stash. One vendor, Primitive Pastimes, had so many incredible wool applique patterns and kits that I had a hard time controlling myself! Lucky for me (or perhaps not so lucky) they are going to be at Paducah for the first time this year.

Speaking of Paducah, only 3 more days to wait! I can't wait! I need to get my act together this weekend and finish purchasing and packing supplies for my classes. I'm taking two from Jan Krentz and one from Gail Garber. I am really looking forward to them.

Speaking of classes, Dierdra "DiDi" McElroy visited our guild for a lecture and workshop last week. Her lecture was one of the best I have ever heard! I have received similar feedback from numerous guild members. People are still talking about it a week later. The workshop was fantastic, too.

Off to work on the new rug and watch my first place Redbirds!

1 comment:

Pihu Gurgaon Girl said...

Thanks for sharing this post. After a long time, such a post has been seen, it is a very interesting subject, people like it. When someone shares this kind of article, the mind is happy The
vip Girls in Mahipalpur
Housewife in bhiwadi
college Girls In Aerocity
Vip Girls In Manesar
Gurugram GIrls Services
Gurugram Girls Number
Golden Girls service Gurugram
Busty girls In Noida
Gurugram Low Price Girls
Sector 54 Girls Gurugram