Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Inspiration Overload!

I didn't exactly end up starting the new quilt last weekend, but I did buy the fabric. I actually did start one of the quilts I was thinking about - Dutch Treat - but for some reason it just didn't "grab" me. I really struggled to find a block that I was interested in starting with, and then half way through appliqueing it I decided that I just wasn't all that excited about pursuing the project. I threw the block away and removed the project from my mental "to do" list, clearing the way for things I really am excited about, like "Everything But the Kitchen Sink". I started that one this weekend, using the background fabric I purchased for the Dutch Treat quilt. I haven't made a lot of progress, but like my colors so far. I've decided to do brights rather than 30s. I have enough 30s quilts either in progress or on my "wanna" list. Here's a peek at the colors so far:
I am planning to make my way down to the Ozarks this weekend to participate in the Country Shop Hop. I won't be able to make it to all the participating shops, but will be able to get to about half of them and might stop by a couple others along the way. I don't need a thing - definitely no new projects - but I haven't done a hop in a while so it sounds like fun.

I have made an effort to get back to my Basketful rug this week. My goal is to have it completed by Oct. 24. Perhaps if I take it (and no applique) with me to the lake I can make some progress!

No comments: