Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wishin' I could be in Houston

Watching all of the exciting posts from Market and Festival makes me wish I had followed through on my plan to go to Houston this year. It turns out it's a good thing that I decided not to go, as my assistance is needed here, but I sure feel like I am missing out on all the fun! This is the toughest time of year from a quilting and rug hooking perspective - nothing of any magnitude planned until rug camp in February and the quilt shows in April. It'll be a long winter!

Once again, I have gone off the deep end and started yet another new project. It's so hard to resist when you see all the wonderful patterns and fabrics out there! This one is the basket quilt from "When the Wind Blows", another book I picked up during the shop hop last weekend. I am using Brannock & Patek's Blessings fabric, a new Moda line that just hit the shops. I started with a layer cake (also picked up during the hop), but now need to order lots more. I finished the first basket last night - only 290 left to go!

No comments: