Thursday, September 30, 2010

Feels like fall!

The hot weather seems to be gone for good - finally!  I am a fall fanatic!  I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy the beautifully cool, sunny days we've been having.  Work seems to be getting in the way.  I do have a wonderful view from my window, however, and can see the leaves starting to change:

















There's not a lot of color yet.  We won't see peak colors for another couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to seeing what this tree line looks like then!

I received my confirmation paperwork from the Applique Academy yesterday.  I am so excited!  I was able to get all of the classes I requested.  I also receied an e-mail indicating that I got my first choice for Baltimore on the Prairie.  If only I could get into the class that I want at Houston!  I'm still not sure what I am going to do with myself on Wednesday before the show opens.
Work has been consuming so much of my time lately that I haven't had much time for sewing or hooking.  I did spend a little time putting together my first ring for The Blessings pattern.  I am using Jo Morton fabrics for the applique but can't decide if I want to use shirtings for the background as I originally planned or go with something a little brighter.  I placed the ring on a plain background - a Moda Bella solid - and didn't like it at all.  I should pin together a mock-up and take a picture.  Sometimes that helps with decision-making.

I am still anxiously awaiting the release of the "Stars & Sprigs" pattern.  I plan on getting my bright fix with that project.  Glorious Applique should have the pattern in the next couple of weeks.  It feels like I have been waiting forever!

No comments: