Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sincerely Jane Challenge

I haven't been able to spare much time to work on any of my projects lately, but I did manage to get my journal cover finished and started filling it with ideas.


One of the project ideas I have added to my journal concerns the "Sincerely Jane" challenge that I am planning to start with other members of the Yahoo Rug Hookers group.  I really don't have time for yet another challenge, and already have way too many projects slated for 2011, but this one is really calling to me!  I pulled out the old pattern I drew 8 or 9 years ago and found that I don't really care for it all that much.  I designed a couple of alternatives with my Dear Jane (TM) software:

The blocks and triangles in the above layout are subject to change - I just threw things in to get the basic idea.  I had to make the center pretty large to balance the traingles on the border - the size is 39" x 49".



This one is similar to my original.  I am not sure that I like the plain borders.  It ends up being much more reasonable in size (29.5" x 39.5"), but it doesn't speak to me like the first design. I think the triangles and kites really tie it to the original.  Now I just need to decide if I am up for starting yet another huge rug!


No comments: