Monday, April 30, 2012

Back to Reality

Paducah was wonderful (as always) and I actually managed to make it through the week without going too far overboard with purchases!  I picked up a few patterns (they are easy to find a home for in the sewing room), a little bit of fabric (we won't count the bolt of black batik - at only $5 per yard I would have been a fool to leavie it behind!) and one kit. I was trying to avoid kits but the colors in this quilt were absolutely gorgeous, and since I already had the pattern, how could I resist?  I am so tempted to start on it but I know I need to focus if I am going to get anything ready in time for the 2013 show.

Speaking of getting things ready for a show, I finished (okay, almost finished) my rug late Friday night, just in time to get it into the show on Saturday.  Hook-in St. Louis was outstanding!  Donna, Nina and Maria did a fabulous job! 
















I still need to sew down the binding tape.  I made it about half way around before I left for the show - but it was close enough!  I will be glad to mark that one off of my list.  It's been around for a while!

My next rug project is the Sauder Village rug.  I started it last night.  It seems like it will go quickly, but I'm sure that won't be the case.  I am aiming to finish before my next workshop...that gives me just shy of two months to work on it.   I think I'm up for the challenge!

No comments: