Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Basket Fun

I had a little time in the sewing room this weekend and was able to finish up another basket block and prep two more.
 

















I am absolutely loving this project!  These baskets are so much fun to put together and I am very happy with how they are turning out.  I really want to have this one finished for the quilt show.  So far I've finished 3 blocks...only 17 more to go!  I'm planning to work on another while sitting through a 3 hour conference call today.  It sounds wrong, I know...but I am completely amazed at how much better I listen to calls if I stitch during them!  It prevents me from multi-tasking with other work and I actually pay attention. If the people on the other end of the line only knew!

I am also working on a new rug project - hopefully one I can knock out quickly before my next workshop in June. This is Linda Pietz's Sauder Village pattern. 















It's a very fun pattern and I am particularly enjoying doing the color planning as I go rather than thinking it through in advance.  It probably isn't the smartest approach, but hopefully it will all come together in the end!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

LOVE that rug design - it'll be a fun one to hook cuz you'll never having any boring parts to do! Can't wait to see it progress.