I broke out the dye pots on Saturday. I hadn't done any dyeing in a while and was really looking forward to it. I went through several recipe books and finally found colors that looked perfect - a light, bright green that would contrast with the corn stalk and a happy, sunny sky blue. I did everything just the way it is supposed to be done, and ended up with this:
The colors in the photo aren't great...but the green clearly isn't light and bright! The blue is way too dark. Both colors are very pretty, but neither will work. I considered starting over, but thought I might be better off just waiting to get them from Nola. Definitely an 'epic fail'!
I spent a little time playing with a very old project in the sewing room this weeekend. About three years ago I went to Runaway Quilters' retreat and spent the entire weekend in sit & sew stitching these triangle papers.
I spent several hours cutting them apart, tearing off paper and pressing them. I barely made a dent in the stack - those things are time-consuming!
I am excited about working on this project, though. Perhaps I could finish this one (lap quilt size) in time for the quilt show....