Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to Work

It was such a bummer to have to head to the computer instead of the sewing room this morning!  The only thing keeping me going is knowing that the weekend is only three days away.  I like easing back into things after such a long time off!

I spent a lot of time over the weekend trying to catch up on Easy Street before yesterday's big reveal.  I didn't get everything done, but did make a lot of progress.  I am even more excited by the quilt now that I have seen it.  I have 64 more flying geese to make and then can start putting all the pieces together.  I am enjoying how the colors are coming together so I am anxious to see it assembled.



















I finished my hand piecing homework over the weekend.  I'm not sure my background goes with the color of my diamond tips on this one, but by the time that thought occurred to me it was too late in the process to make changes.  I decided it isn't that bad...not bad enough to warrant that much extra work!


















I also finished prepping my first two Prairie Peony blocks.  I love it when I have the time to baste my applique blocks so that I can pick them up and work on them whenever I get the chance.  I actually managed to get in a couple of hours working on one of these last night (my reward for finishing my homework early!).


















I love this pattern, but did find that the "Y" seam construction was not a lot of fun.  I am not really looking forward to assembling 23 more of these.  I guess I should look at it as an opportunity to practice my machine skills.  I have to confess that I had to resort to doing a couple of these seams by hand...the machine was getting the best of me and making me cranky - and thanks to my LeMoyne Star project I am a master at doing these by hand!