Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Quick Update

I don't have much to show for the last couple of weeks... I have been working on my Rising Sun (still on the first diamond wedge) and on my LeMoyne Stars. I did manage to finish another star block.


















That leaves two 12" and seven 6" blocks to go. Unfortunately one of the remaining 12" blocks is a mini-Lone Star...I'm going to be sick of sewing diamonds! 

I did complete the crocheted rug I was working on. I can't share a picture since it was done for Nola's next book, but it turned out very nice and was a lot of fun to work on. I will get it back eventually, but it will take a couple of years.  The crocheting was so relaxing, though, that I'm thinking about making another.

I'm off to the Applique Academy for two classes with Sandra Leichner next week. I am really looking forward to the classes and the vacation, but I am probably most excited about the possibility of seeing green foliage. I've had enough of winter!

1 comment:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

That's a beautiful block! I love the Lemoyne Star block...this is a great variation!