Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 UFO List

It's that time of year again - that time where I set a bunch of goals that I don't achieve. I've never really been into resolutions, but I am a proponent of setting goals, even if they are a stretch. I actually made pretty decent progress on my 2014 plan to reduce my backlog of UFOs. A couple of quilts I started in 2012 are currently at the quilter (they've been there since June!), a couple more are much farther along than they were at the beginning of the year, and I made a decision to part ways with a bunch of older projects I am no longer interested in. This year I have been inspired to create a "Top 12" UFO list by a blogger I found through Bonnie Hunter's Monday Mystery Link-up.  I'm not promising that these will be the only projects I work on, and I am certainly not committing to not starting anything new (I already know of at least two projects I will start this year!), my goal is to make significant progress on the projects on this list.

1. Hunter's Star - easy one; just needs to be bound and labeled when it returns from the quilter 










2. Easy Street - another one that just needs to be bound and labeled when it comes home





3. Celtic Solstice - top finished; need to purchase backing and find a quilter 

4. LeMoyne Star - sashing fabric ordered; hoping to start assembling soon (this won't be the final layout...when I finally got the dog to get up off of the blocks I saw that I had two of the same blocks right next to each other) 



5. Grand Illusion

6. Sunflower Gatherings

7. Baskets - I am dying to get back to these...I love them!




8. Sister's Choice

9. Rising Sun

10. Prairie Peony

11. Blessings Quilt - another project I completely love and want to get back to



















12. Tree Skirt BOM - mainly because I desperately need to replace the sorry excuse for a skirt that I have been using for 25+ years















My Memory Bouquet project was a runner up for the list - I finished two blocks over the holidays. We are doing nine blocks of this one as a BOM for our quilt guild. I have a feeling that after I have finished the nine this one will sit for a while.



On the rug hooking front, my goals are simply to finish Stacey's Floral Runner (the gigantic rug I am currently working on) for the April 25 rug show and then to finish Grandmother's Garden (another gigantic rug) before my November workshop with Sally Kallin.

Here's to a very productive 2015!

3 comments:

susiefloozie said...

First off, I didn't know you've been a Bonnie Hunter fan for so long. Second, I'd like to say that I love your 2015 UFO List (Resolution). What a great way to start the year ... very organized. I really should do the same! And maybe I will!!!!

moosecraft said...

Looks like you have a busy year ahead! :-) Love those little basket blocks... and definitely looking forward to seeing more of the hooked runner!

Heather said...

That tree skirt is going to be cute! Now, I must go. You've reminded me how behind I am on the Guild's BOM.