My Friday night was actually more of a "prep-in" as I never actually sewed a stitch. I did get a lot accomplished, though!
My evening started with trying a new recipe from Taste of Home. I like to find things that would work well for my daughter to prepare at school and this cheesy beef tortellini skillet recipe looked promising.
Not sure that it is all that photogenic, but it was delicious! Quick, simple and made enough to keep me from having to cook the rest of the weekend!
My first project of the evening was to finish the prep for weeks 11 & 12 of my summer block of the week. I haven't started stitching it yet but at least I have been keeping up with the prep all summer.
My next project was cutting tumblers. I decided that I really needed to get a handle on how many light and dark I still need before I began tearing into this stack of fat quarters:
I figured I would be short on lights from the jelly roll since KT fabrics are generally mostly dark. After getting an idea of what I needed, I spent a couple of hours pressing and cutting up fat quarters.
I'm about half way finished cutting the 2,679 tumblers I will need for a queen-sized quilt.
I organized my tumblers by color. Based on the two rows I have done I think it will save time to have them sorted. I am ready to go!
I'm not sure the dogs were as excited as I was about spending the evening on the sewing room.
I got s smile from Belle (although she looked terribly bored most of the evening) but Ace was too bored to even look my direction for a picture.
I'm back in the sewing room today. First up is prepping the guild BOM and then I will be firing up the sewing machine to work on the backing for my star quilt. If I can get my act together I will have three more quilts heading out to be quilted in the next couple of weeks. That's a record for me - seven in one year!