Tuesday, April 5, 2016

March Quilty 365 Count

I was so busy finally finishing the unpacking of the sewing room over the weekend that I completely missed posting my Quilty 365 update! I was so sick of trying to sew amidst the chaos - not to mention that I needed to finish going through all the boxes to get ready for our guild yard sale in a couple of weeks - so I was determined to keep going until I finished.  It took the entire weekend, but I did it!  Five full boxes plus a few over-sized items priced for the sale and everything else put away.

Here's the "before":






And here's the "after" (not much on the walls yet - I'm still trying to decide if I want to hang some of my Cardinals memorabilia or leave them blank):






My room is still bursting at the seams but at least for the moment is a lot better than it was. It's borderline ridiculous - I have enough fabric to last me the rest of my life. I have decided that I need to exercise a lot of self-control in Paducah this year!

Back to the Quilty 365 update.... I was doing SO well - I was ahead a day or two on my orange peels for most of the month.  And then I had to travel.  Usually I at least get a little sewing done while I travel, on the flights if at no other time. Unfortunately both legs of this trip were not only short but extremely turbulent. I wasn't able to sew on either flight and was tied up in the evenings with long dinners the rest of the time. I did get to enjoy dinner at the top of the Hancock building.Our waiter informed us that we needed to go up to the ladies' restroom and see the view - they claim it's the best restroom view in the US.  Given that most restrooms don't have a view, I wasn't really sure that bar was very high....but it was quite a view!  We took photos to share with the men in the group - apparently there were no windows in the men's room.


We had to go back up after dinner to capture a night shot.


So I ended the month with 26 blocks (yes, one is missing from the photo...but including it really messed with my OCD brain).


March 31 was the 91st day of the challenge, and my total stands at 83 blocks. I'm cheating a little counting the blocks I completed last year, but it gives me hope that I might actually make 365 this year. I'm on track so far for April with 5 blocks completed as of last night. I'm determined to hit the target at least once!

2 comments:

Susie H said...

I loved the yellow walls in your sewing room but the new neutral walls will not be distracting. Your room looks WONDERFUL!!! May I come over to play??? Hahahaha!

Heather said...

I just got rid of the same yellow from my sewing room this year. I think you'll appreciate the new energy in the room. Very chill.