Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend Progress Report

I had a very busy weekend cooking, running errands and cooking...not to mention judging the family Easter egg coloring contest....but still managed to get a little sewing done. I guess I have to concede that I am officially behind on the 365 challenge now as I was not able to finish last week's blocks, but I managed to get four of them finished,


There are a couple that were assigned later in the week that look incredibly painful.  I'm hoping to get back on track next weekend because if I get too much further behind I will be overwhelmed!

While sewing the 365 blocks I got back to working on my leader-ender tumblers which actually made them more fun.  I finished my third row (57 tumblers) and got started on a fourth.


I have been spending my evenings working on my newest project, a Baltimore album quilt. In what might have been a moment of crazy....under the influence of incredibly inspirational applique at this year's Academy - my friends and I decided to embark on making an album quilt.  One each, not a group effort.  And a complete quilt, not just a few blocks. It has been so much fun so far - we are all comparing notes and progress and keeping each other motivated.  We are still on the first block so we have a long way to go, but I am so excited and inspired by this project!  Here's my first block so far (please excuse the wrinkles!):


I also spent some time prepping more orange peels to be sure I had plenty for my trip.


I had a very turbulent (and thankfully short) flight and have been busy both evenings I've been here so I haven't even opened my little bag.  I'm hoping to get at least a little sewing time tomorrow - I am so close to making my one a day goal this month!

3 comments:

Noela said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend of sewing. Hugs.....

Anonymous said...

Your album quilt block is stunning, you'll have a beautiful quilt when you're finished.

Brenda said...

You have some beautiful projects in progress!