Friday, January 5, 2018

January One Monthly Goal (OMG)

I always begin the year with big plans to be more productive and to get more projects across the finish line. The problem is that I am so easily sucked in by all the new sew-alongs, BOMs and group projects that I can’t stay focused on the “old” stuff! I've decided to join in on several link-ups to hold myself accountable for making progress and to help prompt me to post more frequently. One of these new-to-me link-ups is Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal. The "rules" for this one are fairly broad, specifying that projects selected can be anything with "thread, fabric or yarn" and the best part is that you only have to commit to make progress, not finish!  So for my January OMG I have selected my current rug project, Floral No. 7 designed by Janice Johnson.


I started this rug last July in a workshop with Jayne Hester. The neutral color plan is very different from any of my other rugs and has been a little challenging in places, particularly getting the stems to show up. Jayne suggested that the border design really didn't fit with the more formal tone of the center and recommended that I redraw it with vines and leaves. So this month's goal is to get the border redrawn, figure out colors for the border elements and beauty line, and to continue to make progress hooking. I'm anxious to get this one finished so that I can get back to the one I started last October - the vibrant reds on black will be a huge change after this one! 

4 comments:

Susie H said...

This rug is going to be so beautiful! Let me know if having multiple Link-Ups helps with the accountability. I have the same problem as you -- so many goals and good intentions but then WHOA! SQUIRREL!!!

Patty said...

Very pretty. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

moosecraft said...

The neutral tones in this are beautiful! I hear you about being easily distracted with other projects! lol! It's good to concentrate on just one for awhile... you'll feel awesome when it's finished! :-)

Heather said...

I love the neutral color palette on that! I think the new leaf border will be perfect!