Saturday, January 1, 2022

December 2021 Wrap-up

Where did 2021 go?  I can’t believe it’s already 2022.  It’s crazy how a pandemic can cause time to both drag and speed by simultaneously. The past year was crazy busy between work, resuming many in-person events, and having the opportunity (too many opportunities) to participate in workshops and programs via Zoom.  I definitely need to exercise more self control when it comes to signing up for online activities this year!

I have a lot of catching up to do - I actually made a lot of progress on various projects last year - but to keep this post from getting too far out of hand I will limit my update to December activities.  I started the month with back-to-back retreats which gave me time to put together a St. Louis Blues t-shirt quilt for my future son-in-law and to finish assembling the Christmas tree lap quilt I started at the end of 2020.



I finished stitching the binding on this one around 10 PM on the 23rd, just in time to get it wrapped and under the tree for our celebration on Christmas Eve.  I’m happy to report that he seemed to really like it!


I still need to quilt this one, but with the holidays over it may sit until next year.  I have a tough time working on Christmas projects outside of December.

My second December retreat was Primitive Gatherings’ Naughty & Nice event.  It was my second trip to The Gathering - the first was an impromptu decision to go for the first week they were officially open in August after hearing (to my amazement) that they had lots of openings.  I couldn’t resist going back when I heard that Lisa was planning to have the place decorated with red & white quilts.  It was a wonderful event!  The Gathering (which is an awesome retreat facility) was gorgeous!








We worked on several fun projects, including  a gingham quilt that I loved so much I bought it in three colors. I finished a queen-sized version of the black & white while there and quilted it over the Christmas break.  


We also took a tour of a small craft cheese factory, a fantastic antique/home dec shop, and of Lisa’s house.  It was a great week and I can’t wait to return!

I’m working on my goals for 2022 and may try to join the PhD in 2022. I made great progress on my 2021 list, but have quite the backlog of tops that need quilted and quilts that need bound.  All will be on my list for this year!

2 comments:

Susie H said...

I loved Lisa's Gingham quilts too. I can only imagine how much fun you had at The Gathering. What a sweet Christmas Tree quilt. I hope to see it quilted soon! *wink* Who can resist a St. Louis Blues quilt?!?!? Let's Go Blues! Amazing Winter Classic game.

Cryptocurrency said...

To write a beautiful post it is very important to write a beautiful content and you have created a very nice design and I got a lot of inspiration from your post and I also want to have nice and beautiful post like you in my life. Gurugram girl phone number
Health tips family
Real Girl Number Gurugram
Real Photos Girl Gurugram
VIP Girl Bhiwadi
Gurugram Girl Number
IMT Manesar Girl low price
Hyderabad Party Girl
College Girl Gurugram