Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Catching Up (Again)!

I’m not sure where the time goes - seems like this year has flown by!  I keep snapping photos of projects with the intention of posting but then weeks go by and a post never seems to materialize. I have lots of catching up to do!

Earlier this year (Easter Sunday, to be exact) I finished The Village quilt.  It was gifted to a wonderful friend that hosted my daughter for four months while she completed her last optometry rotation in Kansas City.  It was such a fun quilt to make - I think I might have to make another one for me one of these days.


I finally finished my 2021 Quiltville Mystery top at a retreat in July.  I decided to go with an alternative setting I borrowed from a post I saw on Facebook since I wasn't a huge fan of Bonnie's final layout. My color choices turned out to be a bit odd when all together, but I’m okay with it. I think I will let this obe be my last - I don’t intend to get sucked into the mystery fervor this year.  I just have too many other things I’d rather work on!


I will save my latest adventures in rug hooking for another post to avoid this one getting insanely long. My most recent quilt-related trip was to Primitive Gatherings, a.k.a. Quilter’s Heaven.  I managed to get quite a bit accomplished while there.  I worked on my Oh Say Can You Sew, completing steps two and three, and then worked a bit on my Stars All Around summer block project.


I also got started on Moda’s Letters to Santa stitch-along. These words are so fun to make but eat up considerably more fabric than I expected.  I had to do a little web-surfing and order more so “Christmas” can match “Merry”. The fabric arrived over the weekend and is starched and ready to go if I get any sewing time this weekend.


That’s enough for this time around. I am determined to not let another six months lapse before my next post!

No comments: