Sunday, January 18, 2009

Facing Reality

So, it's time to face the fact that I've fallen short of the first goal I set for 2009. Only one day left before the "Creative Juices" class and I haven't finished stitching tape on the basket rug or even come close to finishing the Illinois rug! I have been working on the Illinois rug up until last night, but I'm only about two-thirds of the way done. The method I am using to hook the sky really slows me down.

I've decided to switch over to the Fraktur rug for a while I'm less than half way done with that one. The teacher of that class, Susan Feller, contacted us to ask for photos of finished projects for possible inclusion in an upcoming book. I'd love to be able to finish in time for possible consideration. I think it means having it done within the next month or so.

I have been working on my Faceted Jewels quilt and am making headway on that project. I am hoping to have that one completed, including quilting, in time for the quilt show. Hopefully I will be able to list it as my first completion for 2009.

I did manage to add another project to my ever-growing wish list yesterday - an X-block project. One of the demo-day teachers at the LQS had made up the "Venetian Tiles" pattern with horizontal black "lines" instead of the vertical light lines shown on the pattern cover. She had used scraps of reds, blues, golds, and greens for the colors in the quilt, keeping them all together in each block. Hard to describe, but really striking. I may use this for my retreat project at the end of February. Of course, that would mean taking one of the others off the list. Hmmm....decisions, decisions!

No comments: