Friday, January 23, 2009

Sidetracked...

I'm deviating from the plan already! I went to a "Creative Juices" class on Monday at Nola's studio. The project-of-the-month was a hexagon chair pad. We brainstormed different ways one might fill a hexagon, including diamonds ("lonestar" look) and tumbling blocks. I like the idea of hooking log cabin squares in tumbling blocks, but doing it as a chair pad would be a bit tedious. I decided to follow Nola's original plan and use the diamonds for my project. I chose a seven shades of blue/teal for my color pallete. I got a pretty good start on it on Monday, and spent several hours last night and tonight filling in the diamonds. I had hoped to knock it out this weekend, but that's probably not going to happen. Between the Creative Juices classes Nola is planning, my upcoming camp, the Anita White class, and another rug Nola is teaching that I fell in love with, I think it is safe to say that I am not going to get my original list of rugs done this year!

No comments: