Thursday, August 20, 2009

Awesome Find in NYC

I spent the past two evenings trying to figure out the garment district. Last night I wandered into a few fabric stores but didn't make any purchases. I got a late start, so a number of the ribbon & trim stores I passed were already closed. Tonight I was able to head out a little bit earlier and went a slightly different direction. Boy, did I hit the big time! I found M & J Trimming, the biggest ribbon store I have ever seen! I found a huge selection of hand-dyed silk ribbon... Of course, a LOT of it had to come home in my suitcase! The good news is that it doesn't take up much room! Here's just one section of the store - there's so much that I can't get it all in one shot:



And here's a shot of the awesome collection of silk:



It's going to be hard to resist going back when I'm here in September!

No comments: