Sunday, March 7, 2010

Progress Report

Seven days into the month and I still don't have much of anything to show for my time.  I have been working on the first block of my Sue Spargo BOM and can't get that excited about it.  I screwed up with the velvet pieces - I didn't follow directions - so I either need to substiture something else or contact Sue for more fabric.  I'm not too keen on appliquing velvet, so I may just substitute wool.

I have been doing a little work on my Bird Party rug.  I should have taken a picture at the end of rug camp so I could see my progress.  I took a picture tonight so that I can assess progress at the end of the month.













I have hooked half of the leaves and most of the green background since I came home.  Also, most of the road and the brown background have been done at home.  I am really struggling with the bird feet.  Getting them to show up isn't easy!  I'm actually surprised to see that the ones on the bottom row show up in the photo - they are really hard to see up close.  I'll be very relieved when I have those dark background areas completed.

I had really hoped to work on my Runaway project this weekend, but it just didn't happen.  I did receive block eight of My Garden Album, so I hope to get started on that this week.  I think since it came in early, I will go ahead and knock it out before Applique Affair this month.  There's still a lot on the "to do" list - just hope I can cross something off by the end of the month!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I am so loving the bird party. I just think it is great. I can see the bird feet OK in the picture.

Love it
katie

Constance said...

I live just north of Salt Lake City, so enjoyed your comments on the flight. We had an earthquake here last night and we are RIGHT on the fault. I liove y9ur bird party. Is there a book or pattern for that? Your Utah friend, Constance