Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Visiting Memphis

I am visiting Memphis for the next few days.  Although it's a business trip, I managed to fit in a little bit of fun stuff on the drive down.  I still don't have much to show in the way of progress for this month, but I did bring some applique with me in hopes of getting a little bit done over the next couple of evenings.  I can take credit for progress on my rug, however.  Jeannette hosted a hook-in on Saturday and I was able to devote the entire day to working on Bird Party.  I am by no means anywhere close to getting it finished, but I am definitely making progress!

I stopped at the Golden Needle in Cape Girardeau, MO on the way down today. It was a very nice shop.  I picked up a few tan fat quarters to add to the Runaway Mystery Quilt collection.  Hmmm...think I will ever get around to that project?  Here's a picture of the shop:

My next stop was QuiltSmith's in the Memphis area.  It was a very small shop with a lot of novelty fabrics.  I didn't find anything to purchase there, but enjoyed the visit.

After stopping by the site and working for a few hours, I headed over to Neely's Barbecue for dinner.  I am a big fan of their Food Network show.  Their food always looks so good!

The Neely's weren't there (other than on a television screen and large banner inside), but the food was very tasty.  I had the smoked turkey. 














I think we are heading to Beale Street for dinner tomorrow.  Perhaps it will inspire another food report!

No comments: