Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Work

I had such big plans for my holiday break!  I had visions of making lots of progress on projects and posting something new here every day.  And although I thoroughly enjoyed the time off, I can't say that I spent much time at all in the sewing room.  I didn't really manage to get up there until the last three days.  I wish I could say I spent that time wisely working on projects already underway, but instead I was inspired to begin several new projects. I need to have my head examined!

The first thing I couldn't resist was the Just Takes 2 project.  I will have to add the button to my blog.  I prepped three of the first six blocks.



















I also prepped another Stars & Sprigs block and an Applique Affair block (a blast from the past!).  While I was working on prepping applique, I listened to the current episode of The Quilt Show featuring Eleanor Burns.  One of the quilts featured in the episode was one that has been on my "want to do" list for a very long time.  It's the Nancy Page basket quilt. I dragged out my pattern and the next thing I know I was at Jackman's buying all the fabric to make it!  I didn't get very far - I hope to get back up to the sewing room after work to finish piecing and prepping the applique on the first block.


















I did actually manage to finish up another block of my Flower Penny Garden BOW last week.  This makes number three.



















I wish I could say that was it...but I am expecting to receive my "Sarah's Revival" pattern today.  I haven't settled on a background yet, but hope to find something before the end of the week so I can start that one, too. I really should resolve to just stick with one project until it is finished, but where's the fun in that?!?  I'm sure glad I don't make resolutions!

No comments: