Monday, January 30, 2012

Keeping Up!

Saturday was a very long but amazing day!  My daughter's team did an outstanding job and landed the championship at sectionals, making the eight hours I spent in the car traveling to and from Mahomet, Illinois completely worth it.  In spite of spending most of Saturday behind the wheel, I actually managed to get a few things accomplished this weekend.

Our TAS group learned to make rick-rack roses Saturday morning.  They are surprisingly easy and look really awesome!  















The yellow rose is made with medium rick-rack and the red with jumbo.  I need to find a place to use these!

I actually managed to finish the other three Just Takes 2 blocks from the second set on Sunday.  I have to say that the schoolhouse block was not my best friend!  I have a new appreciation for people that make entire quilts from those buggers - it was an obnoxious block!  I also think there was a template missing...nothing critical, but it was a bit confusing. 
















In any event, they are done - and I still have a couple of days before the next set is posted!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I couldn't get my roses to open up that well! Yours are so pretty!