Friday, January 13, 2012

One Step Done!

It's been a crazy week!  I had high hopes of finding time to complete the first TAST assignment, but that never happened so now I am two weeks behind.  I also had big plans for sewing a couple of Dear Jane blocks, but again - nothing.  I did manage to finish my JT2 blocks for step one.  I am still undecided on the redwork.  I like the look of it - that is, I like it when someone else does it!  I was not overly impressed with my first attempt.  I'm going to live with what I have for a while and decide whether to remake the block I embroidered or finish the redwork to the other block. 



















I finally managed to find fabric for my Sarah's Revival project last weekend.  I have prepped the first block and done a little bit of applique.  I think I am goign to like it a lot, but I really need to get at least a couple of blocks finished before I can truly decide. The colors are completely different from what I originally planned - it's impossible to find a decent printed background to use with blue!



















I'm off work on Monday and am hoping to get a lot of sewing done this weekend.  I'm trying to resist the temptation to start yet another ridiculously complicated project - one that involves over 10,000 half inch hexagons and my collection of thirties fabrics.  The instructions suggest that the quilt is a multi-year project. Is there any other kind???

1 comment:

Heather said...

The scroll fabric looks really interesting. I can't wait to see what you do with it.