Friday, January 10, 2014

Longest Week Ever!

It doesn't seem fair that the first week back to work after the holidays has been snowy and bitterly cold. It's hard enough to get back into the swing of things without having to fight an extreme case of cabin fever.  I've only left the house once in six days...and that was to go to the gym.  I am really looking forward to a weekend of rug hooking at Nola's. I need to get out of here!

I  have been getting a little sewing accomplished while stuck in the house every night.  I finished another one of my LeMoyne Star blocks last night.


















I had somehow convinced myself that I only had three of the 12" blocks left to do (including this one), but then realized to my dismay that I still have three left after this one. So I still stand at three 12" and seven 6" blocks to go.  I will get there eventually...

I have been having a lot of fun (and wasting a lot of time) looking at all of the new BOMs and quilt-alongs for 2014. They are all so inspiring!  I've resisted the urge to join in on starting a new project, but I did find one initiative that is absolutely perfect for me: The Totally Useless Stitch-Along. I have been saving my ORTs (Old Ratty Threads) and will be ready to post my "progress" at the next new moon (Jan 30). This is just my speed - love it!

No comments: