Thursday, March 17, 2016

365 Challenge Dilemma

I've been plugging along with the blocks for the 365 challenge and have been able to keep up for the most part. I'm not sure why I can't get a decent picture - the colors don't come across correctly on the iPhone - but here is most of my progress since I last posted them.  There are a couple more that I finished after this was taken. 


Here's my dilemma, though - I spend almost all of my machine time trying to keep up with these. Thankfully they are assigned in a level of difficulty progression by technique so there are usually a couple of quick ones in the mix each week, but they still require a lot of time. My interest is starting to wane. But given that I have 72 blocks completed I feel a little trapped!  I could put them all into a small quilt but where's the fun in that?? I was just about ready to cry uncle last week and stop trying but then spread these all out on the floor and felt like I had to keep going. Given I feel this way now I'm not sure I'm going to last 9 more months!

I stopped working on 365 blocks long enough to prep a bunch more orange peels. As of last night I am caught up for this month so far - 16 peels completed by the 16th!

I should know better than to have committed to two blocks per day between these two projects. What was I thinking?!?

2 comments:

Susie H said...

I know what you mean about starting quilt-a-longs and petering out. I started the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt-a-Long and was progressing nicely until we got The Puppy. Screech! Pretty much a complete halt. I'll get back on it again soon as she's getting older & better behaved! Hahaha!

Wendyb said...

Dana, can you send me your email address as it's not coming up on your blog or emails to me. I would love to send your Easter stitchery but cant 'find' you! Thanks heaps
Wendy @ Sugarlane D. wbert4(at)gmail(dot)com